Recipe adapted from Balancing Motherhood. Takes about 45 minutes – 1 hour from start to finish.
- 3-4 chicken breasts (about 1.5-2 lbs.)
- Water to cover chicken in the Instant Pot
- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 carrots full size, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch knob of ginger, sliced
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 64 oz. chicken broth
- 8 oz. wide noodles
- 1 bay leaf
- Place chicken in Instant Pot and cover with water; place lid on Instant Pot and set to manual cook for 8 minutes. When 8 minutes is up, quick release. Remove chicken and shred or chop and set aside. Rinse Instant Pot.
- Meanwhile, chop carrots, celery, onion, garlic and ginger.
- After the chicken is cooked and removed from the Instant Pot, turn the pot to sauté, and when the pot says HOT, add the butter. Once the butter melts, add the carrots, celery, and onion, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the garlic, ginger, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Then add the broth, cooked chicken, egg noodles, and bay leaf. Set Instant Pot to manual for 4 minutes, and then quick release. Remove bay leaf and sliced ginger.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as necessary.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup: