- 16 oz. fettuccine/linguine noodles (reserve 1/3 pasta water)
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
Cajun Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 jar of sundried tomatoes, julienned or chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 2 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 2-3 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan + more for topping
- Juice of a lime
- Prepare pasta according to box.
- Peppers: Heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium high heat. Add peppers, onions and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and saute for one minute. Remove to a plate.
- Cajun Alfredo Sauce: To the hot skillet, add the entire jar (plus oil) of sundried tomatoes and garlic. Saute for one minute. Sprinkle in flour and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to low and stir in chicken broth. Whisk cornstarch with milk and add to pan along with tomato paste, 2-3 tsp. of Cajun seasoning (or more to taste), salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and continue to cook and stir until sauce is thickened (but not overly thick), approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese until melted, followed by Parmesan cheese until melted. Add pasta, peppers and toss evenly to coat, adding desired amount of reserved pasta water a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Mix in juice of 1 lime and top with parmesan cheese.
Cajun Alfredo Pasta: