Mexican Street Corn with Lime Crema is delicious and such a crowd pleaser!
Most Mexican street corn recipes use mayonnaise, and I’ve seen some with yogurt, but this one has sour cream, which I love!
Recipe from All The Healthy Things.
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder or chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional if you like a little heat)
- 1 tsp. salt
For the Lime Crema:
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Additional Toppings: cilantro, finely diced red onion, crumbled feta or cotija cheese, and lime wedges
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the corn with oil and then wrap each ear of corn individually in foil. Place in the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender. (Alternatively, you can grill the corn on an outdoor gas or charcoal grill)
- While the corn cooks, make the lime crema by combining the sour cream, lime juice, minced garlic, and salt.
- When the corn is tender remove it from the oven and unwrap. At this point, if you have an indoor grill plan, you can cook the corn on high heat for a few minutes on each side to get a little extra color and char on the corn.
- When the corn is finished cooking. Sprinkle on the chipotle powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Next spread the lime crema in a thin layer over the corn until well coated. Finish the corn with crumbled cheese, red onion, cilantro, and a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Mexican Style Street Corn with Lime Crema: