After going to Maui and having Hawaiian macaroni salad, I’ve been determined to find a recipe that reminds me of Hawaii.
This is the closest I’ve found, and it’s really good.
- 1 lb. potatoes, cooked and cut up
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked according to box
- 4 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 2 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. milk
- 4 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to box, and drain.
- In a large bowl add hot pasta, and sprinkle with the vinegar, carrots and onion. Toss together until well combined, and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk mayo, milk, and sugar.
- Fold mayo mixture into bowl with pasta, add the potatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad: