Our good friend Courtney gave me this recipe. We had it a potluck breakfast/brunch. It is beyond good. Both kiddos loved it, so I knew I needed the recipe.
I adapted the recipe by replacing the goat cheese with feta, because at least 2 of the 4 of us don’t like goat cheese, and I also replaced the eggs with egg beaters to “lighten” the dish up a bit.
I made it for dinner and we got 2 dinners out of it, and the leftovers were just as good heated up as the dish was the first night.
This dish is sooooo good that you can proudly serve it to company!
neurontin 100mg capsule Ingredients:
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bundle of asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 c. cottage cheese, drained
- 8 oz. goat cheese http://thegospelcentre.com/olux.php or 6 oz. crumbled feta (reduced fat)
- 14 eggs or large carton of egg beaters
- Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze it out in paper towels to get all water out.
- Heat butter in a pan and caramelize the onion.
- Heat water to boil, add some salt, and blanch asparagus until just tender.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and sprinkle with spinach through cheese; beat eggs with seasoning (or sprinkle with Cavender’s add the egg beaters and sprinkle with additional Cavender’s).Â Pour into dish and swirl contents a little with a knife.
- Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes, or until just set.