Oh man are these sliders delicious!!!! Everyone devoured them, and asked for more! I love finding new recipes that everyone enjoys. Yay!!
We’ve made these with the pineapple mango salsa (recipe below), with the pineapple salsa (recipe below minus the mango), and with just the mango salsa (recipe below minus the pineapple). Use what you have on hand or what you like best. It’s all good!
Recipe adapted from Chef in Training.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 dinner rolls (I used the King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and you can use the leftover rolls for the Cinnamon Pull-Apart Rolls!)
Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ c. peanut oil
- ½ c. vinegar
- 3 TBSP ground allspice
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP Ketchup
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- ¼ pineapple, peel and diced
- ¾ mango, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Mix the Jamaican Jerk Sauce ingredients until smooth. Place the sauce in a large Ziploc bag and then add the chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Prepare the Pineapple Salsa.
- Grill the chicken; then cut each breast in half (or smaller, if necessary).
- Slice each roll in half, place chicken on roll then top with Pineapple Salsa.