If you like caprese salad, you’ll love this carprese chicken pasta. Everyone loved this dish!
I promise there is chicken in there. It’s just under all those delicious tomatoes, basil, and cheese.
http://bestpensintheworld.com/review-cross-century-ii-fountain-pen/ ***Note: I’ve also made this dish without the chicken and instead of melting the cheese I just cut the cheese up or use the mozzarella pearls and serve this caprese pasta salad cold. It’s beyond delicious and great for potlucks and picnics. So flavorful.
Recipe adapted from The Novice Chef.
- 1 lb. pasta
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 large basil leaves, finely chopped (the more the better)
- 8 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 TBSP olive oil. Add chicken, cover pan, and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked thoroughly (or has reached an internal temp of 165°F).
- While chicken is cooking, in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 TBSP olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and continue sauteing until tomatoes skin starts to soften/wrinkle, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Set aside.
- Once chicken has reached desired doneness, top the tops of each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella. Pour tomato mixture on top. Cover pan with lid once more and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- When pasta is done, transfer to large serving bowl, and add zest, lemon juice and butter, and mix to combine.
- Lastly, drizzle chicken and/or pasta with a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve chicken immediately over pasta.