Apple pie…just like Grandma’s…I just love apple pie! The search is over…this is the best apple pie!
- No Fail Pie Crust
- 6-8 c. apples (Fuji, Jazz, Braeburn, Granny Smith mix), sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 TBSP butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Combine apples through salt in a large bowl. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, stirring several times, so the apples soften slightly.
- Pour mixture into the bottom of the crust and gently level with the back of a spoon.
- Top with butter.
- Brush the overhanging edge of the bottom crust with cold water. Cover with the top crust, then seal the edge, trim, and crimp or flute. Cut steam vents in the top crust and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes with a baking sheet underneath. After 30 minutes, reduce temperature and bake until fruit feels just tender when a knife is poked through the vents, about 30 to 45 more minutes. For the filling to thicken, the pie must cook on a rack for 3 to 4 hours.