Baked sweet and sour chicken is so delicious. It’s definitely restaurant quality, company quality deliciousness. Everyone loved this dinner, and we’ll definitely make this again. This recipe comes from Life as a Lofthouse.
The chicken coating:
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt + pepper
- 1 c. cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. canola oil
The sweet and sour sauce:
- 3/4 c. sugar or Splenda
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 14 oz. pineapple chunks
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.
- Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
- Serves 4
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken: