Here’s a great recipe for leftover chicken or turkey or use a rotisserie chicken. The leftovers are great too!
The recipe is adapted from the November 2009 issue of Southern Living.
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1 c. cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 c. frozen mixed vegetables, partially cooked
- 3 c. cooked rice
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Asian chili-garlic sauce
- Heat 1 TBSP oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add eggs, and gently stir 1 minute or until softly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet and chop.
- Heat remaining 2 TBSP oil in skillet; add onion and bell pepper, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add cooked chicken and mixed vegetables; stir fry 2 minutes. Add rice, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce; stir fry 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in eggs.