I found this most delicious recipe at Blisstree.com. Heather’s photo is soooo much better than mine, but since I loved the dish so much, I didn’t want to wait until I made it again to try taking a better photo.
Not only is this a crock pot dish, but it is company worthy…yes you heard me right…I would certainly serve this dish to company!
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar (you can scale it down to 1/3 c)
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP minced fresh ginger (I probably used closer to 1/4 c.–love ginger)
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs. boneless beef short ribs or boneless country ribs
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- 3 TBSP cold water
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion, chopped (we didn’t have any)
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper in a small bowl. Place ribs in crock pot and then add the sauce.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until meat is tender (if you use ribs on the bone, then cook longer). Remove meat and place on platter.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Turn crock to high and add cornstarch mixture. Bring to boil to allow sauce to thicken.
- Plate: rice, ribs, sauce, green onions, and sesame seeds
Korean Short Ribs: