We love pizza, and in effort to make it a bit healthier, I thought we’d give whole wheat pizza a try. I love CPKs whole wheat crust, and while CPK reigns supreme, this whole wheat pizza dough from Cuisine Nie is tasty. The kiddos and I both love it, although -s much prefers his white pizza dough.
- 1 envelope of yeast
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Combine yeast and water in a bowl; set aside
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and sugar together; then add the olive oil, and then add the yeast mixture.
- Place your dough on a work surface and kneed for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Let dough rise in a warm place for a few hours. After rising you can refrigerate to use dough at a later date.
- When you are ready roll out your dough and top with your desired toppings. Set oven at highest temperature, and cook on a pizza stone until done.
Note: The Pizza above has a pesto base, topped with fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil. One of my other favorite pizzas is a ricotta pizza. Simply brush crust with olive oil, then spread fresh ricotta fres mozzarella, cooked broccoli florets, and basil.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough: