This recipe comes from the August 2007 issue of Cooking Light. It was delicious. The chicken tasted great, and the marinade would be great for a fajita marinade. The Watermelon-Jalapeno salsa was also delicious and the kiddos even ate it! Excellent summer dish!
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh oregano
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 c. (1/2-inch) cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 c. (1/2-inch) cubed peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator up to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.Prepare grill.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Combine watermelon and remaining ingredients. Serve watermelon mixture with chicken.
Marinated Chicken Breasts with Watermelon-Jalapeno Salsa: