I saw Giada prepare this recipe years ago on her show “Everyday Italian.” The recipe is also in her Everyday Italian cookbook. I thought it sounded delicious, so I wrote down the recipe. I’ve been meaning to make it for quite some time, but every time basil is bountiful in the garden I always forget about this recipe, but I will forget no longer! It’s super quick and easy to make, and it’s delicious, flavorful, and light…perfect for a summer day. I’ve changed the recipe slightly to better appeal to my family, and everyone loved it!
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 green onion, white and light green parts only
- 24 oz. cherry, grape, or vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 oz. pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 6 TBSP olive oil
- 20 basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. angel hair
- 8 oz. to 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, cubed
- In a food processor, pulse garlic through basil, until tomatoes are coarsely chopped; then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Mix sauce with hot angel hair. If sauce is a little dry, add some pasta cooking water.
- Mix in the fresh mozzarella.
Angel Hair with Checca Sauce: