Years ago my mom clipped this recipe from a can of Dole pineapple. This dish quickly became a family favorite. I haven’t made it in years, so I decided to make it tonight with a few changes, and we all loved it…it’s super kid friendly and very tasty!
- 1 can (20 oz.) Pineapple chunks, drained and reserve juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. dijon mustard
- Serve over steamed rice
- Drain pineapple and reserve all juice.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Rub each chicken breast with garlic and thyme. Add chicken to skillet and brown both sides.
- Combine 2 TBSP of reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch in a bowl, and mix to combine.
- Add the honey and dijon mustard to the remaining pineapple juice, then add this mixture to the skillet; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the skillet and add the pineapple; cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens.
Honey Mustard Chicken: