- 6 TBSP soy sauce
- 6 TBSP mirin
- 6 TBSP sake
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 inch ginger chunk, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. chicken, bite size pieces
- olive oil or sesame oil
- Broccoli florets
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan; bring to a slow boil to dissolve sugar; let cool.
- Pour sauce over chicken and marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add olive oil or sesame oil. Remove chicken from marinade and add chicken to skillet, reserving the marinade; saute until chicken is cooked; then remove chicken from the pan. Pour the marinade into the skillet and boil until the sauce reduces and thickens. Remove the ginger.
- Meanwhile blanch broccoli in salted water.
- Serve chicken and broccoli over rice and drizzle with the sauce.