Yes I’ve made these once before! We had an event to attend tonight, and we were assigned desserts. I made these bars with the adjustments I suggested last time (making 1 1/2 the crust recipe) and baking in the 13 x 9 pan, and the bars were even better! The guests devoured these bars, and I will proudly say that my dessert was the only one that was eaten entirely! So do put these on your must try list.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living, September 2006
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 TBSP. butter, softened
- 3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Mini Morsels, divided
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Increase speed to medium, and beat until well blended and crumbly. Pat mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Add sour cream, vanilla, and 1 cup chocolate morsels, beating just until blended. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on top of the stove.
- Microwave remaining chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Cut into bars and arrange on another plate. Drizzle over cheesecake: put the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag, cut a small amount of the bag off in one of the corners and then pipe the chocolate onto the bars. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars: