With the remaining fresh veggies and herbs from our purchase at the market, I decided to make a pasta salad with grilled veggies. It turned out really well, and it was great as a light dinner on a hot summer day. I made a homemade vinaigrette that went really well with the grilled veggies. The veggies I used were the ones we had in our fridge, but don’t let that limit your creativity…use whatever you have and whatever you enjoy!
- 1-2 large cloves of garlic, smashed with the back of the knife, turning garlic into a paste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. canola or veggie oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar or to taste
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella or feta cheese
- Grilled veggies: zucchini, yellow squash, onion, eggplant, sliced and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Basil for garnish
- Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, basil, vinegar, oil and sugar in a jar with a tight lid. Shake well to emulsify the dressing.
- Slice veggies and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Grill veggies
- Cut your cheese choice into chunks
- Combine pasta, grilled veggies, cheese, and as much dressing as you like.
Pasta Salad with Grilled Veggies: