This recipe comes from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese cookbook at the grocery store checkout. This sugar cookie base with sweet cream cheese and seasonal fresh fruits and simple and delicious.
- 1 package (20 oz) refrigerated sliceable sugar cookies, sliced
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- Assorted fruit, such as kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapes, raspberries, blackberries etc.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, pressed through sieve to remove lumps
- 1 TBSP water
- Preheat over to 375. Line 12 inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Arrange cookie dough slices in a single later in prepared pan; press together to form crust. Bake 14 minutes; cool. Invert onto serving plate; carefully remove foil. Invert onto large serving plate or tray so crust is right-side-up.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Spread over crust.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer. Mix preserves and water; brush over fruit. Refrigerate 2 hours.