These recipes come from Southern Living and are excellent and perfect for a hot day, lighter dinner, and entertaining.
Cuban Mojo Chicken:
- 1/4 cup fresh oj
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspon ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine: first 7 ingredients in a zip-top plastic freezer bag or shallow dish; add chicken. Cover or seal, and let stand for 20 minutes. Make Mandarin-Black Bean Salad while chicken marinates…see below.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Grill chicken
- Pour marinade into a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes
- Cut cooked chicken diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices and drizzle with cooked marinade.
Mandarin-Black Bean Salad:
- 2 c. mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 c. diced jicama
- 2 TBSP chopped red onion
- 2 TBSP seeded, minced jalapeno
- 2 TBSP shredded fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand until ready to serve, tossing occasionally.
Cuban Mojo Chicken with Mandarin-Black Bean Salad: