So flavorful and comes together in 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest.
- 1 lb. spiral pasta or other short cut pasta
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 TBSP plus 1-2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. milk
- 3-4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP basil, chopped
- Cook pasta al dente according to the package, and then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet to medium high and add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, onion, chicken, and 1 Tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes, and then remove chicken from pan onto a plate.
- To the skillet, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, the bell peppers, and garlic. Cook another 5 minutes, until peppers are soft. Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook another minute, then add broth and milk. Then add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Bring sauce to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan, then add the pasta and cooked chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil.
Lighter Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta: