Recipe from Half Baked Harvest.
Crispy Chicken Carnitas:
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 TBSP chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 12 oz. bottle of Negra Modelo beer
- 1 TBSP honey
- Juice of lime
- Warm tortillas and toppings: crema, avocado, feta, cilantro, pickled onion
Chipotle Peach Salsa:
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- 1/4 c. (or less to taste) chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped ripe peaches
- In the bowl of the Instant pot, combine chicken through beer. Cover and cook on manual for 10 minutes; then quick release.
- Preheat broiler. Remove meat from the Instant pot and shred. Add meat to a baking sheet and then add 1/4 c. of the cooking liquid and lime juice. Drizzle hone. Broil for 2-5 minutes, until crispy. Add more cooking liquid if necessary. Watch closely.
- For the salsa: combine all ingredients in a blender and blitz until combined. Season with salt.
- To serve: add carnitas to tortilla and top with salsa and desired toppings.
Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas with Chipotle Peach Salsa: