This dish comes together very quickly. Great for a busy weeknight dinner.
Recipe adapted from Nora Cooks.
- 2 blocks of tofu to make Crispy Baked Tofu
- 1 c. water
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice, about 2-3 oranges
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger grated or paste
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 c. water
- Prepare crispy baked tofu.
- In a sauce pan add water through crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to combine, and then add to the boiling sauce. Stir over medium-high heat constantly for a couple of minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve tofu over rice and spoon sauce over tofu and rice.