Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, beef, or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 12 hard shell tacos
- Taco toppings: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the ground meat and onion. Cook, breaking up the meat as it cooks, until the meat is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Once meat is browned, add the chipotle chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and salt, and then stir to combine. Once combined, add the water.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly around the meat, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro, if desired.
- Stuff taco shells and fill with desired toppings.
Chipotle Taco Meat: