- 2 lb. chicken breast
- 2 14 oz. cans of cream of chicken or celery soup (or 1 of each)
- 32 oz. chicken broth (plus more if you want more of a soup)
- Better than bullion, to taste (if using low or now sodium broth use about 1 TBSP)
- 1 tsp. Thyme leaves
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 TBSP butter, sliced (optional)
- 1 24 oz. package of frozen Reames egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken in the crockpot and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream soups, broth, bullion, and thyme leaves; then pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Add the celery and carrots, and then add the sliced butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, remove chicken and shred/chop and add back to the crockpot. Add the frozen egg noodles, cover and cook for an additional 2 hours. You may stir a few times during the 2 hours, and add more broth at this time if you want more of a soup.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Chicken and Noodles: