This Tikka recipe is the best homemade Tikka I have ever made.
Recipe from Damn Delicious.
- 1 1/2 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 TBSP tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP freshly grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 c. chicken stock or water
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken and onion to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder and turmeric until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Chicken Tikka Masala: