Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 lb. boneless skinless, chicken breast
- 2 (14 oz.) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 c. chicken broth
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- Serve with: sliced avocado, lime wedges, cheese, chopped chipotles in adobo, sour cream, and tortilla chips
- Set the instant pot to sauté. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, poblano peppers, paprika, cumin, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes, until very fragrant. Turn the instant pot off. Add the chicken, then stir in the tomatoes and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, use the quick release and release the steam. Shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in the lime juice, and cilantro.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top, as desired, with sliced avocado, lime wedges, cheese, chopped chipotles in adobo, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Instant Pot Chipotle Tortilla Soup: