This picture stinks…will update the photo when we make again. This casserole is so good and feeds a crowd. We had it for dinner, both kiddos loved it, and then we had it for lunch today and it was just a good as leftovers.
Definitely making this again and especially when we have guests over.
Recipe adapted from A Spicy Perspective.
- 16 eggs or 32 oz. carton of egg beaters
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4-6 green onions, chopped
- 4 quality corn tortillas cut into ½ x 1 inch slices
- 1 ¾ c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tsp. salt or 1 tsp. of taco seasoning
- 1 bag of frozen hash browns – about 6 c. hash browns, defrosted
- ¼ c. + 2 TBSP taco seasoning (1.5 packet)
- 6 TBSP melted butter
Serve with salsa, green onions, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine eggs through pepper and pour egg mixture into pan
- In another bowl combine the hash browns, taco seasoning and melted butter, and toss to coat. Evenly place hash browns over egg mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes until the center is set and hash browns are crisp. You may want to put it under the broiler at the end to crisp up the hash browns.