This is the easiest apple cake ever! It’s “healthy” too since the recipe uses a boxed angel food cake mix, and there’s no added fat. It’s delicious, and everyone loved this treat.
Top with fresh fruit, like strawberries, or strawberry coulis and add whipped cream.
Note: when cake cools it does deflate a bit, but it’s just as tasty!
- 1 box of angel food cake mix
- 1 20 oz. can of apple pie filling (sugar free), cut apples if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the angel food cake mix and the apple pie filling (if you want smaller pieces of apple, cut the apple pieces before mixing with the cake mix), and stir to combine.
- Poor batter into the prepared pan and cook for 30-35 minutes or until done (knife will come out clean).
- Top with fruit and whipped cream.