Oh how we love this chili, and by we I mean all 4 of us! Even the pickiest, who generally won’t eat chili, ate this up (granted she just ate the big chunks of steak, but at least she ate it rather than turning her nose up)!
This is a true Crockpot chili, and I love that this dish actually cooks all day. Start it in the morning and 8-10 hours later, dinner is ready! Definitely can’t beat that for a busy weeknight delicious and hearty dinner.
Serve with Grandma Clark’s cornbread.
- 2 lbs. boneless beef cubes, for stew
- 2 heaping tsp. chili powder
- 1 heaping tsp. garlic powder
- 1 heaping tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chili-style chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the beef into 1-inch cubes.
- Place beef in slow cooker and turn it on low.
- Sprinkle the chili powder, garlic powder and cumin over the meat.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Drain and rinse the cans of beans and add them to the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes and sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Uncover and sir in the tomato paste.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese
Crockpot Steak and Black Bean Chili: