If you like spanakopita, you’ll love this spinach pie. My Grandma Boden used to make a spinach pie (it didn’t have the cheeses in it), and I loved it, and I really love this one too.
- 1 rolled 9 inch pie crust, room temperature
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lbs. frozen spinach, defrosted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. small curd cottage cheese
- 6 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray pie plate with cooking spray and unroll pie crust and place in pie plate.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add onions and cook until they turn translucent and begin to caramelize.
- Add the spinach, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain spinach and onions well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, and then add remaining ingredients and add the spinach and onions.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 90 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.