I picked up the America’s Test Kitchen 30-Minute Suppers magazine at the store, because I am always looking for quick and tasty meals to prepare. There were a number of recipes that caught my eye, and this tofu dish did not disappoint. We will certainly make this dish again.
Recipe adapted from the Winter 2010 30-Minute Suppers by America’s Test Kitchen.
- 1 block of firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 c. Asian sweet chili sauce
- 6 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 head of broccoli and/or snap peas (or any veggie), steamed or blanched
- Hot rice
- Line a baking sheet with either paper towels or a clean kitchen towel; then place cut tofu on the towel; top with more towels; then top with another pan. Drain tofu for about 15 minutes.
- Once tofu is drained, remove the towels, spray the tofu with cooking spray and bake in a 400* oven until tofu is crisp.
- Meanwhile steam or blanch the broccoli in salted water.
- Whisk chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add the chili sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Add the baked tofu and the broccoli and toss to coat. Serve over rice.
Sweet Chili-Glazed Tofu: