Start slowly with the jalapenos as all jalapenos vary in heat. You may also want to add more lime juice and/or salt. The flavors definitely meld after the salsa has been refrigerated for hours, so try to make this one in advance—it’s worth it!
- 1 package of grape tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1-2 jalapenos (more or less to taste)
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 14.5 can of tomatoes, diced, whole or stewed (I used diced with mild green chiles)
- Juice from 1 lime (add more if necessary)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Blend all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Refrigerate….tastes better with “age.”