We have tons of fresh ripe tomatoes, and what better way to use some of these delicious tomatoes than to make a homemade pasta sauce!
Absolutely d’lish, and worth most definitely worth the time.
- 16 med-large ripe tomatoes
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- With a sharp knife cut a small “x” on the bottom of each tomato, just enough to pierce the skin; then blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 1 minute. Peel and seed the tomatoes and puree in a food processor.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in pan; then add the garlic, and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the tomato puree and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered until the sauce reduces by half. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Stir in basil just before serving.
Homemade Red Sauce: