I’m always will to try a great new salsa to top chicken tacos or fish tacos. This salsa is so summery and refreshing, and it went great as a topper for fish tacos.
I saw a recipe for jicama salad in the March 2009 issue of Cooking Light, which was the initial inspiration of my mango jicama salsa.
- 1/2 c. jicama, julienne-cut
- 2-3 mangos, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 of a small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 of a red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. sugar (more or less depending on how ripe the mangos are)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Top your tacos, and enjoy.
Mango Jicama Salsa: