This salad is delicious! So refreshing, tasty, and filling. The dressing is so flavorful, that it’s now our new favorite salad dressing. Great salad for a warm summer day.
Adapted from Prudence Pennywise.
- 8 fresh won ton or 6 egg roll sheets
- cooking spray
- 8 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 2 large oranges, peeled, or canned mandarin oranges
- 2 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 c. sugar snap peas (either raw or blanched)
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 c. roasted salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Ginger Soy Dressing:
- 4 TBSP rice vinegar
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat won tons with spray and cut into strips. Bake on foil lined cookie sheet until crispy, turning once, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, oranges, avocado, sugar snap peas, cilantro, scallions, peanuts, sesame seeds, and won ton strips.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl; then drizzle the salad with dressing and serve.
Asian Chicken Salad: