This chicken and dumpling recipe is really tasty. I found a recipe at the Dish on Delish that sounded good, but then adapted it to our tastes, and the end result was really yummy.
buy prednisolone eye drops Ingredients:
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 medium onion, large dice
- 4 medium carrots, large dice
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 c. (spooned and leveled) all-purpose flour, divided
- 8-9 c. chicken broth
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, for seasoning, if desired
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. plus 2 TBSP milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, thyme, and poultry seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 c. flour and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; season with salt and pepper. Nestle chicken in pot; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dumplings: In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 3/4 cup flour, dill, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. With a fork, gradually stir in 1/2 cup milk to form a moist and soft batter. It should be just a little thicker than pancake batter and should easily drop from the tip of a spoon. (Add additional 2 TBSP milk if too thick.) Set aside.
- Drop batter in simmering liquid in 10 heaping tablespoonfuls, keeping them spaced apart (dumplings will swell as they cook). Cover, and simmer until chicken is tender and dumplings are firm, 20 minutes. Stir cooked peas into pot. Serve.
Chicken and Dumplings: