I wanted to to try something new and Asian, so I looked at my spicy soba noodles recipe, and created a whole new recipe that was delicious! You can keep this dish vegetarian and add tofu or use leftover chicken and just cook up some chicken. Either way it will be tasty and satisfying…you’ll want more and more!
- 2/3 c. peanut butter
- 2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 5 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper (more or less to your liking)
- 1 c. of carrot matchsticks (you can buy a bag of them at the grocery store)
- 1 c. sugar snap peas
- Leftover chicken or 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast (poached or grilled), or extra firm tofu
- 16 oz. soba noodles, whole wheat thin spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or pasta of your choice
- 1/2 c. sliced green onions
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Sauce: Combine peanut butter through crushed red pepper in a bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Cook pasta and chicken or tofu if using. Add sugar snap peas in the last minute of cooking pasta.
- Combine everything and toss to coat.
Sesame Peanut Noodles: