Admittedly not the prettiest dish out there, but it tastes so good. This recipe is from my Great Aunt Arlene Clark, and it reminds me of my youth. It’s hearty, filling and tasty. It’s kind of like a skillet casserole or a homemade hamburger helper.
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 large (1 lb 13 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 8 oz. uncooked small pasta (elbows or shells)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- Brown meat in a large skillet; drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except sour cream.
- Heat to boiling. Cover and simmer, but stir frequently, for 35 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through, but do not boil.
Quick Pasta Skillet: