This recipe comes from the October 2008 issue of Southern Living. They are absolutely delicious, but I think they need to be eaten pretty soon after they are made.
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Nutella
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1/2 (16oz) package of won ton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Combine cream cheese, Nutella, and flour in a bowl.
- Working with one won ton wrapper at a time, moisten the edges with water. Place 2 tsp. of the filling in the center; fold over to create a triangle; seal the edges. Repeat.
- Heat a good amount of oil to 375. Fry dumplings until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Note: to make sweet pumpkin dumplings, omit cream cheese, Nutella, and flour; combine 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin, 1/4 sugar, 2 TBSP brown sugar, 2 TBSP honey, and 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice; then follow above.
Crispy ‘n Sweet Chocolate-Hazelnut Dumplings: