TT, our oldest loves taco meat from our local burrito place, so I decided to make tacos last night. I’ve made taco meat before, but I wanted to try something new. I came across a recipe in Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook, and the seasoning reminded me of taco meat, so I adapted that recipe for my own taste and for stove top cooking, and the result was tasty.
- 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 4 oz. cans chopped roasted green chiles
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- salt to taste
- Combine tomato sauce through garlic in a bowl, mix and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat, season with salt, and cook until nearly cooked. Add sauce 1/4 c. at a time until you’ve added the amount to your liking. Simmer meat in sauce until meat is fully cooked.
Taco Meat 2: