It’s Thursday, and time for another crock pot recipe. I found this recipe at a great food blog dedicated to crock potting. I changed the cut of beef to top sirloin, since we can’t get tri-tip in our neck of the woods, and I also changed the cooking time. It was pretty good, and everyone actually ate it…even our youngest who has not been the best dinner eater of late. I created a quick couscous salad to serve along with the beef, which was really good.
- 1 lb. tri-tip or sirloin, cut into bit size pieces
- 1/6 c. white wine
- 4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 4 oz. garlic and herb feta cheese cheese
- Cooking spray
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Add beef to crock, then add wine, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Serve over couscous salad.
Quick Couscous Salad Ingredients:
- 1 c. couscous
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 basil, chiffonade
- In a covered saucepan bring couscous, water, olive oil, salt and pepper to a boil. Remove from heat, keep covered and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a bowl combine couscous, tomatoes, and basil. Mix well and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Beef with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese: