I’ve never attempted fudge before, but I have heard that it can be difficult to make…depending on the weather, it might not set etc. I saw a recipe on the back of a store brand marshmallow package, which gave me the inspiration to create my own version, and it was so easy to make, and tastes delicious! Even my son, who doesn’t like chocolate, loved the fudge.
- 1 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. evaporated milk
- 2 TBSP butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately add chocolate chips and 1/2 c. marshmallows. Stir until chocolate and marshmallows are melted; then add the vanilla. Add an additional 1/2 c. marshmallows and stir to create a marshmallow swirl effect.
- Spread into a greased 9x9x2 pan. Take the remaining 1/2 c. marshmallows and sprinkle them on the top of the fudge, gently pressing them into the top of the fudge. Cool, and then cut into squares.
Super Easy Fudge with Marshmallows: