I have to admit that -s is usually the chef on chicken parmesan night. He makes the most delicious chicken parm I’ve ever had. Mine was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself, but -s’s is still better!
- 1 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. flour for dredging
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper (if you can’t find panko, you can use Italian seasoned bread crumbs, but I would omit the salt and go easy on the rest of the seasoning). In another shallow bowl beat the eggs. In another shallow bowl add the flour.
- Place chicken in between plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick large.
- Dredge the chicken breast first in the flour, then dip in the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Add chicken to the pan and cook until bread crumbs are browned, then flip and cook until chicken is done. You may need to add more olive oil as the chicken cooks.
- Place chicken in an oven safe dish. Spoon sauce over chicken and place sliced mozzarella on top. Bake until cheese melts. Serve over pasta and garnish with basil.