Back from vacation and back to cooking! First day back was stressful enough, so I picked up a roasted chicken at the grocery store and to jazz it up I made a creamy roasted poblano sauce. It’s delicious, and you can always saute up some of your own chicken.
- 3 poblano peppers
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. of sour cream
- Set your oven to broil; place the poblanos on a cookie sheet and broil the poblanos until the skins char; turn peppers, so that all sides roast.
- Remove peppers and place in a ziploc bag for 10 minutes. This will steam the peppers so the skins come off easily. Remove the skins of the peppers. Remove the stems and seeds. Slice peppers into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium high heat and saute onions until soft and caramelized. Add peppers and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream and stir to heat.
- Top chicken with sauce.
Chicken with Creamy Roasted Poblano Sauce: