I wanted something a bit different, easy, and tasty. We had some refrigerated polenta that needed to get used, so I came up with this tomato mozzarella salad to top the polenta. It turned out great, and makes a great lunch or light dinner–especially in the summer when fresh basil is bountiful. I didn’t have fresh basil on hand, but I did have rosemary and the rosemary was a tasty substitute.
- Olive oil
- Tube of refrigerated polenta, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped or fresh basil, chopped (I would use more than 1 tsp. of basil, but I LOVE basil)
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Heat some olive oil over medium high heat in a nonstick skillet. Cook polenta slices until polenta is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile combine tomatoes, rosemary or basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil to taste (I probably used 2 tsp.) and cheese. Toss to coat.
- When polenta is done, remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb any grease.
- Place polenta on your plate and top with Tomato Mozzarella Salad.
Polenta with Tomato Mozzarella Salad: