This recipe comes from the Rival Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Best-Loved Recipes cookbook. It’s good but quite sweet, and would probably benefit from some heat (chipotle peppers or crushed red pepper would be a nice addition) to balance the sweet. We’ll probably make this one again because it was certainly kid approved, which is hard to come by these days. I halved the recipe, but the recipe below is the full one.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste (I omitted the salt, because I think there’s enough from the soy sauce.)
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- sesame seeds
- Place chicken in crock pot; season with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil and garlic in medium bow. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Chicken in Honey Sauce: