This recipe comes straight from the Rice Chex cereal box. Quick and yummy is the name of the game.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside
- In a 1 quart saucepan, heat choclate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into 2-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Chex Muddy Buddies: