This recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis and is located at foodnetwork.com. It’s very good, and the sauce can be used for either chicken or beef. We grilled chicken tonight, but in the next few nights we’ll use the remaining sauce and grill some beef. The sauce is sweet, tangy, and rich which I really like. Even though there’s ketchup in the sauce it’s not a ketchup-y sauce. It’s incredibly easy to make, and we’ll definitely make this one again.
I liked the spicy cucumber salad from last night so much that I made another batch of the salad to serve with the chicken along with some grilled zucchini.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 12-20 minutes.
- Reserve some sauce for table side sauce.
- Grill meat, basting with the sauce.
Balsamic BBQ Sauce: